What We Believe
- Jesus is the Son of God.
John 3:16 - For God so loved the world, that he gave his only begotten Son, that whosoever believeth in him should not perish, but have everlasting life.
- The Lord Jesus Christ was born of a virgin.
Luke 1: 34-35 - Then said Mary unto the angel, How shall this be, seeing I know not a man? And the angel answered and said unto her, The Holy Ghost shall come upon thee, and the power of the Highest shall overshadow thee: therefore also that holy thing which shall be born of thee shall be called the Son of God.
- Jesus is the living God made flesh.
1 Timothy 3:16 - And without controversy great is the mystery of godliness: God was manifest in the flesh, justified in the Spirit, seen of angels, preached unto the Gentiles, believed on in the world, received up into glory.
- He faced the same issues we face today, but never gave into sin.
Hebrews 4:15 - For we have not an high priest which cannot be touched with the feeling of our infirmities; but was in all points tempted like as we are, yet without sin.
- He died unjustly accused and was raised by God three days later.
1 Corinthians 15:4 - And that he was buried, and that he rose again the third day according to the scriptures:
- There is salvation through no other than Christ Jesus
Jesus said in John 14:6 - I am the way, the truth and the life and no one comes to the Father except by Me.
- His death atoned (paid in full) for our sins.
Hebrews 5:9 - And being made perfect, he became the author of eternal salvation unto all them that obey him;
Romans 3:24-25 - Being justified freely by his grace through the redemption that is in Christ Jesus: Whom God hath set forth to be a propitiation through faith in his blood, to declare his righteousness for the remission of sins that are past, through the forbearance of God;
What is salvation?
- Because of Adam's sin, we are all born sinners.
Romans 5:12 - Wherefore, as by one man sin entered into the world, and death by sin; and so death passed upon all men, for that all have sinned:
- The penalty for that sin is eternal death.
Romans 6:23 - For the wages of sin is death; but the gift of God is eternal life through Jesus Christ our Lord.
- There is a real hell, and the unsaved will receive eternal punishment, but the saved will receive eternal life.
Matthew 25:46 - And these shall go away into everlasting punishment: but the righteous into life eternal.
- God's desire is that we not perish in death, but that we come to know Jesus as our Lord and Savior.
2 Peter 3:9 - The Lord is not slack concerning his promise, as some men count slackness; but is longsuffering to us-ward, not willing that any should perish, but that all should come to repentance.
- God sent His Son to die for our sins.
Romans 5:8 - But God commendeth his love toward us, in that, while we were yet sinners, Christ died for us.
- It is only by Jesus' righteousness that we are saved.
Romans 5:19 - For as by one man's disobedience many were made sinners, so by the obedience of one shall many be made righteous.
- There is nothing "good" that we can do to deserve salvation. It is all dependent on Christ. Living a "good" life is not what get's you into heaven.
Ephesians 2:8-9 - For by grace are ye saved through faith; and that not of yourselves: it is the gift of God: Not of works, lest any man should boast.
- Salvation is God's free gift, and it comes though believing in Christ Jesus.
Romans 10:13 - For whosoever shall call upon the name of the Lord shall be saved.
- True salvation comes when you believe with all of your heart that Jesus is the Son of God and receive that He died for all of your sins.
Romans 10:9-10 -  That if thou shalt confess with thy mouth the Lord Jesus, and shalt believe in thine heart that God hath raised him from the dead, thou shalt be saved.  For with the heart man believeth unto righteousness; and with the mouth confession is made unto salvation.
Jesus loves you!